Internet Marketing Specialist
Oversee and maintain the company website, public site content, and search engine optimization (SEO); provide technical support for the intranet/extranet. Act as project manager on the database-driven content management system (CMS). Develop all website templates/layout, troubleshoot system bugs, and work with the IT department to create plans, devise methods, and test ways to resolve content and publishing issues. Identify key areas and gather information for website updates; advise on system requirements. Improve, prioritize, and schedule projects based on resource availability. Plan user-specific training; guide, and mentor staff.
- Served as liaison between IT and marketing departments; effectively defined objectives, translated into technical specifications, and devised custom web solutions and desired functionality.
- Deciphered and improved the code, resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery of web content.
- Deployed an e-commerce site with over 7,000 parts; heavily influenced layout to improve user experience.
- Redesigned the site completely and implemented a new CMS using XSL, XML, and proprietary code.
- Saved money by identifying and implementing a less expensive alternative to monitor the site's search activity.
- Formulated numerous suggestions related to pay-per-click campaigns, naming conventions, and content organization; resulted in accepted implementations that increased the organic search ranking.