Biomedical Equipment Technician III
Repair, install, maintain, calibrate and inspect medical equipment and instrumentation, including life-support equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and electrical safety testing of clinical equipment, devices and systems according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Diagnose and correct system and equipment malfunctions.
- Maintain documentation on new equipment, inspections and equipment repairs and failures.
- Assist and evaluate 3rd party repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventative maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff concerning improvements.
- Assisted senior biomedical engineering technicians or supervisor with in-service educational programs on use of equipment as well as providing mentoring to other biomedical equipment technicians.
- Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt