Coating Inspector for Cleveland Integrity Services, Magellan
Primary role is coating inspection of ARO coating on HDD sections of 20 inch steel pipe. Also include mainline line coated in fusion bonded epoxy (FBE). This includes surface preparation, visual inspection, dry film thickness measuremen, holiday detection and repairs to damage on coated steel substrate.
- Responsibilities also include final holiday detection as HDD section of pipe is being pulled. Ensuring contractor is adhering to all safety regulations while on the right of way and performing functions such as stringing pipe, setting up rollers for HDD pulls and assisting welders with positioning of pipe for welds to be made.
- Entering excavated areas to watch and document contractor work crews blast and coat tie-in section of pipeline welds.
- Coatings used on this project (ScotchKote 323/6233/6352, Nap-Gard 7-2501, Valspar Pipeclad 2000, Special Polymer Coating SPC-2888, Powercrete, Napgard Naprock 7-2610, Denso Protal 7200, Roskote A51+, Valspar 2040)
- [company name] Inspector responsibilities included ensuring all foreign lines were located prior to excavation, confined space entry, hot work permits and trenching and excavating work orders were filled out prior to contractor performing work.
- Accurately filling out reports to be submitted on a daily basis.