Performed complete service on all handheld and truck-mounted RF/data devices from old and recent models. Loaded software and imaging devices on Windows-based devices and tested wireless communications as required for many repairs. Performed circuit board testing and component-level troubleshooting as needed. Held responsibilities including service to any device returned before 30 days, requiring greater attention to details, more testing, and documentation explaining reason for product failure.
- Performed repairs requiring temperature testing, range testing, and checking barcode scan capability on products used in large warehouse environments with varying temperatures.
- Serviced many models and generations of products, including a great number of products no longer supported by manufacturing, putting limitation on parts availability.
- Fixed many circuit boards down to component level in order to prolong service on older models, since new boards were not always in stock.
- Interfaced with customer when dealing with intermittent and repeating problems, always focusing on quality.
- Provided assistance, feedback, and training for technicians to ensure products were completed as fast as possible, maximizing quality.
- Ensured technicians could ask questions without worrying about feeling pressure.