CMM Operator/ Inspection/ Bonding Operator
Received fan blades, spacers, and platforms from various steps in production process to measure, calculate, and confirm or reject tolerances designated from customer.
- Operated CMM machine to identify any non-conformances and collect data for customer review.
- Typed up MRR's upon discovery of part defects and passed on documents to Quality Control.
- Created powerpoint presentations with pictures of any non-conformance and entered presentation into Quality Control database.
- Finished carbon fiber composite aircraft parts including fan blades, spacers, platforms, and fan cases.
- Used various adhesives and other bonding agents to attach titanium metal leading edges, wear strips, and fire-protectant materials to parts.
- Performed deflash operations to remove excess cured adhesives from parts using scalpels, grinders, picks, and other electrical tools.
- Inspected finished parts using calipers, micrometers, gauges, and scales to meet required tolerant measurements.