As a member of the Transportation Team, responsible for all aspects of freight scheduling and tracking, ensuring tendered loads are scheduled, picked up and delivered on time in accordance and compliant with customer arrive windows
- Successfully implemented an LTL consolidation program with select carriers, cubing out trailers at a discounted rate which saved the company well over $20k in freight costs for the fiscal year.
- Created shipment tracking portfolio which traced every shipment for the fiscal year and tracked all pertinent information in relation to each shipment, pick-up date/ time, transit time, delivery date, appointment number, and communicated these key metrics through the Transportation and Distribution Teams.
- Communicated carrier load requirements for outgoing shipments and scheduled all pickups for east and west coast distribution centers.
- Built and booked loads online for required customers.
- Worked closelywith shipping departments to optimize pick up dates/ times with carriers.
- Tracked all outgoing shipments and reported results daily to Distribution Manager.