Senior Court Clerk/judicial Assistant
Senior Court Clerk/Judicial Assistant to the Honorable Stephen Muehlberg and the Honorable B. William Ekstrum. Completed daily tasks in the courtroom such as calling cases, updating criminal, juvenile, civil, probate and family files. Assess fines and clarified with parties of fine amounts and/or filing fees.
- Returning phone calls from private attorneys, public defenders, pro se litigants and probation officers and assisted them in identifying legal requirements of matters under the District Court's jurisdiction. Provided complex and detailed clerical support to the assigned Judge and maintained the individual calendar.
- Setting court dates for criminal, juvenile, civil, probate and family files.
- Worked closely with the Judge, law clerk and court reporter on assigned files. Organized files for the individual calendars for the week and provided updated information regarding the files.
- Performed case/record management duties, which include the use of MNCIS computer and other computer systems within the county.
- Updated the Judge's pending report to make sure the assigned cases were up-to-date.
- Received Employee of the year in 2003 for handling customers with respect and providing them with correct information and for being courteous.
- Ordered supplies for the division and the Judge.