Paralegal Assistant to The Iosc's Immigration Lawyer
together we researched legal issues and counseled 5000+ individuals/families from 80 countries on matters affecting them.
- Executed and met all financial responsibilities (budget administration, banking, tax, financial management and reporting); complied with audit, relevant laws and regulations.
- Participated in the planning, coordination and implementation of fundraising events. Assisted with grant writing and fulfilled grant and contract requirements
- Implemented the 'Immigrants Institute', which educated immigrants about important aspects of life in Baltimore and provided updates on immigration laws.
- Collaborated with Baltimoreans United in Leadership Development (BUILD) to provide leadership training to potential leaders.
- Established partnership with Towson University Graduate Nursing Program, successfully securing a health education and screenings outreach program for immigrants.
- Collaborated with Towson University, University of Maryland and other vendors in conducting periodic health fairs.
- Engaged in advocacy activities with BUILD, Action in Montgomery (AIM) and People Acting Together in Howard (PATH) to promote enactment of the DREAM ACT.