Highway Patrol Officer
Carry out the Department's mission statement by ensuring the safety of the motoring public. Routine patrol the Grand Canyon area with heavy tourism identifying hazards. Assist with contingency plans for natural and man-initiated disasters. Coordinate multi-agency response to critical incidents, implementation of ICS. Training, Homeland Security, Dignitary Details, Hazmat Situations, Resource Management, Criminal Interdiction, Technical Report Writing, Radio Communications, Courtroom Testimony, Defensive Driving, overall Public Relations. Supervisory Responsibilities.
- 25% reduction in vehicle collisions in assigned area
- 32% reduction in fatalities
- 70% increase in impaired driver apprehensions
- 90% increase in felony crime apprehensions
- 2010 Earned Officer of the Year for exceeding Department goals
- 2010 Led team to receive Squad of the Year Award