Parking Enforcement Officer
Thorough knowledge of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (DCMR-18), DC Code, and applicable rules, policies and guidelines for identification of a wide range of infractions
- Knowledge of Traffic Adjudication procedures as they relate to the disposition of parking violations.
- Appears in traffic adjudication hearings to represent the District of Columbia relating to contested citations
- Patrols assigned area on foot or by operating a motor vehicle to conduct surveillance of the District's streets and roadways for citations of various non-moving traffic violations.
- Issues citations to enforce city parking ordinance for all non-moving traffic violations, e.g. metered, time-zoned, and restricted parking areas.
- Explains to motorists, protesting the issuance of citations, the applicable regulations and as necessary, vehicle retrieval procedures.
- Maintains daily log activities and completes incident reports as necessary.