Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, reviewing, monitoring, receiving, and controlling the activities of the Housekeeping/Laundry department to provide services necessary to ensure a safe and efficient operation meeting the cleanliness and sanitation standards of the organization. Evaluates, develops and implements departmental policies and procedures, goals, objectives and standards of work.
- Planning, developing and participating in a continuing departmental training program and orientation program.
- Supervising and directing assigned staff to include interviewing and hiring new staff, evaluating work performance, counseling, disciplining in accordance with established policies.
- Coordinating departmental activities and responsibilities with other departments.
- Developing and implementing annual operating budget to include personnel, equipment, materials and supply needs. Monitors budget after adoption.
- Preparing and presenting various statistical and operating reports. Processes time and attendance.
- Enforcing the department's policies and procedures in regards to the incorporated mission values, customer relations, and service excellence.