The Floor Care Technician performs assigned floor care functions based on hospital standards and procedures; performs environmental services duties as needed, performs linen distribution at facilities, performs floor care such as waxing, stripping, buffing and other contractual duties according to regulations.
- Followed daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules, cleaned assigned areas of building, including carpeted, slick floor, and cement walkways;
- Provided slick floor services, such as stripping, waxing, spray buffing, sweeping, and mopping, to include proper edging on all floor surfaces;
- Used both high speed and low speed buffers and burnishing equipment on slick floors, applied proper chemical for stripping, waxing, and buffing of slick floors, using chemical safety;
- Used slow speed carpet bonneting machine on all carpeted floor, in a safe and efficient manner, cleans all carpet, used carpet extractor on all carpets as scheduled
- Cleaned baseboards throughout the facility, responded to floor care emergency calls; such as, spills, body fluids, and markings, using proper equipment to clean area, at all times using universal precautions;
- Assisted supervisor and on extensive projects, set up and breaks down equipment used for events scheduled throughout the facility and cleaned areas used for events;
- Disinfected floor care equipment after each use, Completed simple preventative maintenance tasks on floor care equipment, vacuumed all floors as scheduled