Tasked with the responsibilities of identifying assets for seizure/forfeiture, conducting financial analysis, and rendering expertise to the United States Marshals Service. Direct and steer efforts to track seized assets, and provide status reports and analysis to appropriate parties. Provide accurate information on the appraised value, owner information, liens and net equity of seized property. Provide oversight in managing the seized property, including storage and disposal.
- Gather & analyze data pertinent to defendants from government information systems and databases such as Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Lexis Nexis, CLEAR, and Acurint to locate and identify defendants' assets.
- Issue correspondence to over 400 defendants with a 75% success rate resulting in $1 million in remittance to the U.S. Marshals Service.
- Collaborate with the Regional Program Manager and a team of 10 Financial Investigators to direct recovery efforts of outstanding money judgments of defendants.
- Perform due diligence in case analysis and dispatching notice of property seizures in accordance with policy of Dept. of Justice.
- Strictly adhered to government regulations, investigate claims, petitions, and hardship requests, and execute technical reports.
- Render expertise, train personnel regarding asset forfeiture, including news of pending legislative activities.
- Function as a central information repository, with regards to Asset Forfeiture Program with colleagues in the U.S. Attorney's office, and with members of law enforcement agencies.
- Research and resolve issues to ensure that Asset Forfeiture cases are always audit ready. Assisting Headquarters U.S. Marshals Audit Team in inventorying assets on hand.