Engineering Storage Specialist
Established state of the art system Storage Area Network (SAN) test platform simulating the customer environment to validate StorageTek libraries along with StorageTek, HP, IBM and Quantum tape drives.
- Administrated the test infrastructure in installing, supporting, networking, ordering, scheduling, upgrading servers, switches, HBAs, disk storages, tape drives and libriares that enable to simulate customer environments.
- Executed the backup/restore software applications namely Symantec NetBackup, EMC/Legato NetWorker, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager on four operating systems (AIX, LINUX, Solaris and Windows) using four types of switches (Brocade, CISCO, McDATA, QLOGIC).
- Validated the SNMP messaging using the IBM Tivoli NetView and HP Network Node Manager
- Led Drive Library Compatibility Testing (DLCT) for three years with the release of 13 new drives and many maintenance firmware releases.
- Used HP Quality Center software to manage test activities. This application is a one-stop solution to design test cases related to product requirements, generate test reports, documented and track product defects, recreated product failures reported internally and by customers and verified firmware fixes.
- Implemented and administered data encryption in test environments using SUN's Data Encryption Solution and Key Management System (KMS).
- Evaluate design and operation of current automated tape library system, recommend, and implement cost reduction, performance and reliability improvements.