Casualty Claims Manager
Leveraged 17+ years in high value sales, HR, client services, training, team management and lifecycle management of property, liability, injury and high-risk claims. Requested by upper management to undergo advanced training in administration of property insurance claims < 30 days of hire. Oversaw 8 Claims Associates (6 Inside Reps, 2 Property Field Claim Reps). Utilized academic and "real world" HR experience to recruit, interview, hire, mentor and continuously work with staff to improve knowledge and skill-set.
Developed off-boarding procedures within compliance to corporate, state and federal requirements. Worked with a diverse range of clients in garnering relevant data, verifying investigating and settling claims within established guidelines. Prepared supporting files to all incidents including photos, police reports, damage estimates, subsequent financial and legal findings. Led successful negotiations for adjustment of losses.
- Earned region and nationwide highest Customer Service Scores through leading a team-centered effort in boosting morale, productivity and retention.
- Appointed by the Associate Vice President to serve as United Way Chairperson.
- Selected for the Leadership Development Program out of 150+ applicants, earning a certificate for completion and working with C-Level Executives in gaining additional skills.
- Exceeded corporate goals of 1:1 monthly closure rate by 106% on average.
- Served as a Property Catastrophe Team Member for Hurricane Ike, supervising Property Representative and inspecting damages up to $250K.
- Ensured estimates were in line with damage and personnel stayed within designated budget.