Network Administrator / Exchange Administrator / Security Consultant
Primary responsibilities include insuring compliance with corporate Sarbanes-Oxley standards and review of controls for new and existing technology implementations. Exchange responsibilities include maintaining Client Access, Hub Transport, and Mailbox role servers, enforcing email privacy and security, providing disaster recovery, and ensuring high availability. Other responsibilities include day to day administration of the corporate infrastructure and secondary response to user-submitted help desk tickets. Other tasks include daily backup monitoring, network performance reporting, and new technology procurement.
- Transitioned Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2007. Migrated and improved message transport architecture. Deployed, load balanced, and secured Client Access servers. Moved all mailboxes to Exchange 2007 in a timely manner with minimal downtime and support for legacy messaging technologies.
- Provided management with detailed project scope for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, including time and resources for research, planning, and implementation. Provided necessary documentation and implemented tools to provide monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual audit trails and reports.
- Conducted all projects within the realm of a firm change management policy. Provided technical and non-technical documentation as well as disaster recovery strategies.
- Consolidated network monitoring resources from four separate monitoring solutions to a single managed service solution, greatly reducing cost of ownership and providing means for proactive IT management.
- Centralized security logs for all network devices and developed review strategies for IT team.
- Conducted security reviews on a monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual basis.
- Developed plan to implement an enterprise level PKI infrastructure.
- Helped develop and scope a 12 month project to recycle out of warranty systems. Held monthly meetings to delegate tasks throughout IT team.
- Completely re-cabled a server room with 40+ servers and networking devices.