More Technical Recruiter Resumes
Use these Technical Recruiter samples as a guideline or visit our extensive library of customizable resume templates.
More Jobhero Resources
Create your own professional resume in just minutes.
Try our resume builder todayBuild Your Resume
Technical Recruiter Resume FAQ
What should a technical recruiter put on a resume?
The first step in deciding what to include on a resume is always reading the job description to identify the most critical skills and experiences they’re looking for. Considering their occupation, technical recruiters should be finely attuned to the need of including keywords and specific skills on a resume.
The second step is tying those skills to quantifiable accomplishments. For example, rather than saying you successfully sourced candidates for technical roles, say exactly how many candidates you sourced yearly.
Now, here are some of the experiences that you might find on a technical recruiter resume:
- Identifies 50+ appropriate candidates for new roles, accurately assessing their skills, qualifications and work experience.
- Assists in creating and reviewing job specifications and helps draft the job description.
- Maintains communication with up to 30 candidates simultaneously, keeping them informed on application status, interview scheduling and follow-up requests.
- Conducts phone interviews with 20+ candidates per week to find the most qualified candidates for the hiring manager.
What does a technical recruiter do?
Technical recruiters are HR associates who source, interview and send offers to job candidates who work in the technology sector. Working closely with placement agencies and employers, they may be responsible for writing and posting job listings, setting realistic job requirements and discussing compensation. Some technical recruiters attend job fairs and campus events to boost recruiting efforts and act as the face of a company.
What technical skills are required for a technical recruiter?
Technical recruiters aren’t run-of-the-mill HR employees — they need to have a more technical understanding of their industry and possess the skill set expected of all recruiters.
Here are some of the skills recruiters must have:
- Applicant tracking system (ATS) proficiency
- Sourcing candidates
- Latest tech industry knowledge
- Technical knowledge of a given role
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Data entry and database maintenance