Responsible for conducting end-to-end recruitment process from sourcing to applicant closure. Used Boolean searches to identify elite engineering talent by top 50 CS schools, target companies, groups, and tech stack. Approached, intrigued, engaged, and closed passive talent using compelling narratives, uncovering unmet needs/goals/aspirations, rapport building, and excellent salesmanship. Screened qualified applicants for computer science fundamentals, domain experience, relevant production experience, tech stack (languages/libraries/tools/etc), as well as communication skills, and cultural fit. Successfully identified and recruited software engineers with different specialties including: UI, business logic/application tier, full stack, platform (distributed systems/web services/REST APIs), infrastructure, and SDET/QA engineers. Generated new clients by proactively marketing top candidates to Engineering Directors and Managers to uncover existing needs and opportunity costs as related to engineering headcount and production schedule goals. Performed intake calls to understand client needs, and performed searches on behalf of clients using the VerticalMove database, LinkedIn, job postings, and working with existing and past candidates to generate referrals. Managed several critical client accounts simultaneously educating Engineering Managers and Directors on best practices to improve hiring efficiency.
- Won merit based company contest for a trip to Hawaii by placing the most candidates in Q3 of 2012.
- Created and maintained a high volume pipeline of candidates for numerous clients by daily making 50+ cold calls, emailing 100+ candidates, asking for referrals and posting jobs after winning new recruiting assignments.
- Earned numerous public recommendations and endorsements from candidates.
- Earned production-based promotion from Sourcer to Recruiter in 3rd month of employment.
at this job
Identified highly technically skilled, bright, talented job seekers by using direct and indirect sourcing methods and matching them to ideal positions
- Established candidate motivators and tailored closing strategies for some of the most competitive job candidates in the industry
- Consulted Hiring Managers and Team Leaders to define sought after competencies and managed requisitions
- Negotiated offer details and closed hires at an 85% Acceptance Rate for Full-Time Hires and 80% Acceptance Rate for Intern Hires
- Reviewed compensation and benefit packages to all hired candidates, including breakdown of annual salary, signing bonuses, bonus structure, healthcare coverage, vacation/paid time off, and stock awards
at this job
Built a network of candidates by sourcing with tools such as LinkedIn (and other social media outlets), Connectifier, Monster, Dice, Indeed, Washington WorkSource, Craigslist and Boolean string searches.
- Reviewed all applications for technical positions and stack ranked candidates based on skills needed for position requirements. Those that met qualifications were scheduled for recruiter interviews.
- Conducted recruiter interviews and evaluated candidate responses; those qualified were submitted to the hiring managers. Provided feedback to candidates who were not qualified.
- Created job descriptions and posted on the applicant tracking system (ATS), Indeed, Craigslist, and other posting tools.
- Created job descriptions and researched job requirements to create appropriate qualification questions.
- Ensured positive candidate experience throughout the sourcing and interview stages.
- Produced quarterly reports to understand and analyze hiring trends and pipeline.
at this job
Accountable for preparing and carrying out strategic sourcing strategy, to find the most talented IT professionals for clients in the Charleston IT market.
- Conducted phone and in person interviews, reviewed resumes and evaluated candidates to find the most qualified IT professional for client's requirements.
- Responsible for continuously updating and maintaining recruiter database for daily activity pipeline management and forecasting data.
- Performed detailed and thorough reference checks, reviewed candidates qualifications to meet customer's requirements and business initiatives.
- Validated and locked down candidate's commitment to new position reviewing all possible avenues for applicant hesitation
- Negotiated appropriate contract rate for open position with applicant and client.
- Built and maintained contractor relationships through business lunches, paycheck delivery, and out of office activities.
at this job
Senior Technical Recruiter
Provided staffing support for Air Systems Engineering, which was compromised of nine (9) independent engineering departments located in Ft. Worth, TX, Palmdale, CA and Marietta, GA.
- Sourced, screened and presented qualified candidates to Hiring Managers.
- Recruited seasoned engineers in all disciplines while focusing on a diverse slate of candidates in accordance with Lockheed Martin's Functional Affirmative Action Plan (FAAP) goals.
- Addressed a wide spectrum of staffing planning to include job analysis, legal compliance, performance appraisals, and compensation.
- Selected to represent [company name] at the 2011 Women of Color Conference in Dallas, TX.
at this job