Senior Vice President & Chief HR Officer
Reporting directly to the President and Chief Executive Officer for [company name]., led the alignment of the company's business, global human resource and people strategy for over 30,000 employees in 28 countries. McDermott is a multi-national global engineering, construction and nuclear services firm with a market cap of over $7.0B and approximately one-half of its employee population located outside of the United States.
- Developed and implemented the blueprint for division of Human Capital, HR processes, HR systems and overall Corporate Governance leading to two stand alone public business operating entities. Project completed in seven months versus original estimate of nine - twelve months. J Ray McDermott and Babcock and Wilcox became new public operating companies during that time period.
- Implemented a global SAP/HRIS platform. Featured modules related to HR people transactions, payroll, employee/manager self service, succession planning, performance management, employee/leadership development, and an online learning management system. Global project budget of $37.0MM with an actual spend of $35.0MM.
- Developed and implemented the first global succession management process for the company. This process not only focused on the top 25 key roles but also the next levels of leadership by identifying high potentials, key employees and future leaders in a global talent pool.
- Developed and implemented the first global performance management process and system using a consolidated and standardized format. Over 25,000 employees evaluated using the same metrics and criteria to assess overall organizational performance.
- Led transformation of the corporate HR organization into a business process and delivery unit aimed at meeting the needs of individual business units, corporate governance requirements and global human capital philosophy and strategy. Eliminated approximately $6.0MM from the bottom line by reducing Corporate HR organization full time personnel from 62 employees to 20 over a four month time frame while maintaining service level excellence.
- Implemented first executive health assessment process for key leaders; developed financial planning, estate management and tax preparation program for key leaders.
at this job
Vice President & Chief HR Officer
Led the development and administration of People and Culture strategies, plans, policies and programs targeted at maximizing employee effectiveness in contributing to the Bank's objectives and managed the HR function and related investments to ensure optimal return on investment.
- Led HR function (28 employees; 10 direct reports located in VA, MD and NC) and $3
- Led HR culture strategy, succession planning and leadership development with Bank
- Provided strategic consultation to Bank leaders
- Served on Bank's Executive Officer team and development of organizational
- Partnered with Federal Reserve System Executives to develop workforce
- Served as enterprise-wide leader on Officers Committee in support of the Executive
at this job
Chief Hr Officer
Operated as the HR executive leader at the facility C-suite level including the implementation of workforce planning that supported and aligned with organizational goals and strategies. Directed employee relations, employment law compliance, recruitment and retention, leadership development, performance management, on-boarding, benefits and compensation. Managed 1 direct report.
- Responsible for driving, supporting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, quality and service excellence.
- Led and coached all levels of management to effectively optimize organizational talent and employee development.
- Partnered with internal and external legal counsel to successfully defend NLRB and EEOC charges.
at this job
HR Officer - 400+ Employees
Recorded employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, and termination date and reason.
- Recruited staff: this includes developing job descriptions, preparing advertisements, checking application forms, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Organized training for staff
- Updated employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Provided advice and assistance to staff and management on pay and benefits system
- Computed wages and records data for use in payroll processing.
at this job
Worked within a team of 5 in a generalist capacity for a non-profit organization.
- Planned and control of recruitment process from start to finish using the company recruitment grid system. (receiving request, reviewing job description, posting and sourcing, interviewing, making offer).
- Responded to all employee and line manager employment queries.
- Advising and guiding line managers on best practice employment law advice.
- Recorded training and absence on internal databases.
- Conducted of all exit interviews and relaying information to individual departmental managers.
- Reviewed company handbook and company literature.
at this job
Recruiter and HR Officer
Administrate company-recruiting efforts including descriptions, advertising, interview process, orientation and related functions.
- Implement and drive performance and feedback processes such as performance reviews on management staff.
- Prepared and communicated offer letters and contracts to new employees and existing employees.
- Scheduled interviews - organized and updated employee files, Maintained security and confidentiality of employee information.
- Created a great place to work, maximized productivity through employee communications, performance management and succession planning, retained and rewarded appropriately and competitively.
- Provided information regarding company policies and procedures; updated labor laws to new and current employees and administered stock options for old and new employees.
- Process employee requests and coordinate with brokers
- Created PowerPoint presentations including charts, graphs and organizational charts from a hand-written draft.
at this job
Accountable for all aspects of Personnel Actions within the Battalion including finance actions, performance evaluations, awards processing, postal operations, public affairs management, legal actions, and congressional inquiries.
- Ensured timely personnel accounting and strength reporting was conducted in compliance with all local, theater and Army policies.
- Maintained accountability of personnel status to include attachments, detachments, regular and emergency leaves, medical evacuation, incoming and outgoing personnel.
- Ensured awards paperwork was completed correctly, ensuring a smooth transitional process from the Troop all the way to their final destination.
- Oversaw the human resources staff to ensure a steady workflow and completion of all assignments; consulted with Commanders on critical documents and paperwork to ensure proper handling.
at this job
- Key contributory member in the downsizing exercise at Consolidated Breweries Plc during the restructuring exercise by Heineken International in […]
- Facilitated staff recruitment, induction, and industrial relation, and external relations.
- Managed the HR monthly reports, cost and budget control, FTE, Company’s assets and inventory control, manpower training/development, staff performance appraisal, compensation management, and processing of staff final entitlements.
- Managed the salary/structure and expense vetting in line with Company’s budget and policies.
- Ensured that employees insurance scheme, RBS and Workmen’s Compensation are prepared managed.
at this job
Administered new hire process, communicated company compensation and benefits to staff, and set up and facilitated new employee orientation sessions and functions; carried out agent commissions, staff salaries, surveys, and reporting.
- Streamlined inter-departmental information processes, leading to enhancement in communication between other divisions.
- Trained new insurance agent recruits on company policies, insurance packages, and country's insurance market; arranged team-building activities.
- Resolved employee conflicts in fair and tactful manner and acted as liaison between HR department and other company divisions.
at this job
Senior Vice President and Chief HR Officer
Report to the CEO of a $500M business owned by Private Equity (Angelo, Gordon). We are an upscale, gourmet food market group with 30+ stores and 3,000 employees. Oversee Human Resources, Labor Relations, Corporate Communications, Office Services, Payroll, etc.
- Along with the CEO and Senior Leadership Team, designed a new "go-to-market" corporate strategy: Designed a new strategy moving the company from a "grocery-store model" to a "niche food market" strategy to increase revenue, customer count, and overall profitability. Designed and implemented a new senior management organization based on the corporate strategy, along with a talent management plan to fill in "key skill gaps".
- Implemented a new Management Incentive Plan while streamlining benefits: Designed a new Management Incentive Plan to provide associates with an improved financial stake in the growth and profitability of the Company; streamlined pension and other benefits saving the Company significant savings.
- Created a leading-edge HR Management Plan within 180 days: The Plan directly correlated to the company's strategic and financial objectives. To achieve this, met with key executives, managers and individual contributors throughout the company listening to their ideas, concepts, concerns, etc. Once completed, designed the HR roadmap for the Company. The plan included a new staffing model, building a new compensation model, revising our performance management program, and establishing new core values reflecting the revised business strategies for the company. Along with the Senior Leadership team, coordinated a company-wide management meeting introducing our new business strategies, core values, and vision for the company. The meeting was well received and followed up with individual store meetings in order to cascade our message to our store associates.
- Maintain a union-free status: UCFW Local 464 tried to organize our Balducci's store in Scarsdale, New York. Along with Jackson-Lewis (NYC law firm), we moved quickly, meeting with our employees and implementing a union-free communications strategy. Two weeks later, the union pulled its petition because they lacked the appropriate cards for an election. Since then, the union has not returned.
at this job