Public Historian/assistant Educator/interpreter/manager of Interpretation
Management oversight of public programming at an outdoor living history museum, including the daily demonstration of agriculture, artisan, fooways and craft programs.
- Implemented and assessed the accurate and appropriate content of presentations and events.
- Conducted primary research and development of programing for diverse audiences.
- Recruited, hired, trained, supervised, and evaluated seasonal/volunteer staff, involving 50 individuals.
- Accomplished First-Person Interpretation of mid-19th century rural cultural and social ways.
- Presented in-service practicums and adult interactive workshops.
- Worked in concert with numerous departments involved in sites daily operation.
- Assisted with the restoration, reconstruction, and maintenance of site's twenty-two historic structures.
- Supported curatorial staff in maintaining the appropriate standards of care and protection of the museum's collection and reproduction pieces.