Super Patient Coordinator
Appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical/dental records, filing, x-ray development, cashiering, computer work.
- Greeting and communicating with patients and insurance providers, copying and faxing documents, collecting cash and credit card payments, running end of day reports and making sure that cash, insurance, and credit card payments balance.
- Sending claims for payment to insurance companies for patients.
- Responding to patient reviews. Each hygienist would see eight to ten patients per day and I made sure that each day was full of patients, which would generate a profit of up to $300.00 per patient. Making about $6,000.00 per day on hygiene appointments alone.
- Kept overdue accounts down by collecting estimated co-insurance co-pays at time of service.
- Developed and maintained relationships with more than 4,000 active patients, becoming a familiar face with knowledge of insurance and discount plans, getting patients to make future recalls and those patients giving new patient referrals.
- Verified patient insurance information to determine most cost effective treatment plan for patients.