Patient Access Representative
Responsible for pre-registration of scheduled accounts, verifying insurance coverage, benefits, and obtaining pre-certification, referral or authorization as needed per insurance company requirements.
- Obtained complete and accurate demographic and financial information from a variety of sources, including patient interviews, physician offices and in-house departments.
- Performed required pre-certification, credit referral or deposit collection. Entered data in computer and thoroughly documented any incomplete admissions/registrations in manner prescribed. Obtained pre-certification, referral or authorization number and updated patients' file.
- Gave demographic information to insurance companies and called physicians' offices if clinical information is needed for pre-certification and verified the information obtained.
- Notified patients, family members, physicians and/or supervisors of network insurance coverage issues that may result in coverage reduction. Notified patients of co-payments, deductibles or deposits needed, when applicable, documenting all information in computer system.
- Completed compliance checker process in accordance with regulatory and Conifer guidelines.
- Maintained positive customer service at all times, referring unresolved issues to appropriate supervisor.
- Answered telephone calls. Followed pre-established script and provided assistance to callers.
- Assisted with scheduling and bed management