Layout Artist/production Coordinator, Design Division
[company name] is a printing company with offset and digital capabilities offering full service fulfillment, mailing and direct mail.
Responsible for the production of printed and online newsletters, magazines, and conference materials for companies and organizations such as Alexian Brothers Medical Center, American Bar Association, Resurrection Medical Center, American Society of Safety Engineers, Emergency Nurses Association, Hewitt Associates, and Sears.
- Consistently recognized for completing large projects in less time than estimated, thereby increasing profits by approximately 25%
- Identified errors in billing system involving charges for alterations which resulted in increasing billing by approximately 10%
- Completed multiple projects with quick turnarounds while working on long-term assignments
- Responsible for assigning production work to layout artists and coordinating with designers on jobs that required both layout and design increasing workflow and cost efficiency
- Recommended scheduling of overtime or shift changes and the use of freelancers when necessary in order to meet strict deadlines
- Met with clients on large or long-term projects, and my attention to detail and clear communication with clients were factors in sustaining major accounts
- Wrote standard operating procedures to ensure quality before transferring files to prepress or to vendors via FTP