0-5 years of experience
Conduct felony level criminal investigations. Provide response to after hours, weekend, and holiday incidents. Based on facts and circumstances, decide investigative activity to undertake such as interviews, crime scene processing, evidence collection, magistrate authorization or apprehension. Interview and take sworn statements of suspects, victims, and witnesses to gather and assess facts and circumstances pertaining to the investigation. Process crime scenes for items of evidentiary value using, alternate light sources, fingerprint dust, buccal swabs, image capture, and other forensic equipment. Seize and process evidence, ensure court admissibility through sound chain of custody, and document actions taken. Brief progress of investigative findings to senior officials, Magistrates, U.S. Attorneys, and Prosecutors. Draft and submit subpoenas, preservation letters, and search authorizations for seizures, apprehensions, or surveillance. Provide testimony at military, federal, state, and local court proceedings. Train probationary Agents in investigative procedures and regulatory compliance.
- Maintained greater than 91% interview confession rate, out of more than 130 investigations.
- Recovered close to $200,000 in stolen property, five identified subjects convicted, with a combined total of 62 months of incarceration, which lead to an impact award for the case solve and recovery.
- Received additional training in forensic interview techniques.
- Hand selected above 17 peers to provide personal security for the Former Defense Secretary, Robert M. Gates.
- Proficient in use of Nikon's professional line of camera's (D70's, 80's, and 90's) for use in forensic image capture.