Senior Public Health Advisor II
Collaborated on the design, dissemination and collection of CDC funded study 'Enhanced Perinatal Surveillance' to asses quantitative and qualitative impact of anti-retroviral therapy upon pregnant mothers.
- Managed auditing of 1,629 patients records at four metropolitan hospitals.
- Improved work flow processes by transitioning medical entities laboratory reporting to electronic data capture. Resulted in a 70% laboratory data retention rate increase.
- Enrolled medical entities to receive NYC DOHMH quarterly report/semi-annual report profiling epidemic of HIV/AIDS in NYC.
- Promoted the policy change reflected in current New York State guidelines requiring 3rd trimester HIV testing of all pregnant women in New York State. Gathered supporting study statistical data showing the occurrence of missed opportunities in 1st and 2nd trimesters.
- Mentored and developed incoming staff through field visits.
- Participant on special assignments: Lead case investigator for 'Pandemic Flu Exercise Influenza Drill 2008'. Selected from amongst a pool of 300 candidates by NYC DOHMH Incident Management System. Supervised field staff collection of electronic data capture of respiratory illness at Queens Hospital Center.
- 2000 'Peer Training Institute Initiative' grant reviewer.