Head City Planner, City Planning Analyst
Inventory planning of 80+ deals a week for Groupon's largest & most competitive market, guiding a team of 30 sales executives to provide customers with an engaging mix of deals based on price, category, and location.
- Optimize profit and revenue by managing deal mix and structure, identifying patterns and trends in consumer behavior, and effectively communicating market needs to the sales team. Monitor daily, weekly, and monthly performance on a deal by deal basis, projecting performance and addressing pipeline weaknesses.
- Executed strategies including cross-market merchandising, seasonal promotions, and analysis of subscriber demographics, past deal performance, and buyer patterns to best allocate deal inventory & achieve month over month growth.
- Communicated effectively with other departments including Editorial, Merchant Services, and Product Development on best practices in planning needs and goals, troubleshoot obstacles, and continually work to deliver the right offers, to the right subscribers, at the right time.
- Currently responsible for a ~$6MM monthly revenue goal, achieving a 60% year over year growth since my placement on NYC from June of 2011.
- In 2010, began career at Groupon as City Planning Analyst for several smaller Northeast markets & successfully launched Providence, Hartford, Fairfield, Worcester, & Portland. Quickly moved to medium sized markets North Jersey, Long Island, & Westchester, and was promoted to New York City in June of 2011.
- Recently became department liaison & launched Groupon Reserve- Groupon's high end luxury site for elite merchants in top 10 markets.