Divisional CFO, Corporate Secretary & Treasurer
Promoted to Divisional CFO and assumed C-level financial and accounting leadership for a professional team of 15, all budgeting, forecasting, accounting, payroll, finance, treasury, tax, human resources, internal/external audit, cash management, contract administration and IT.
- Partnered with executive management to drive long-term business strategy for this $100 million organization, including the creation of customized reports for operational management.
- Led conversion of accounting system from an IBM AS 400 to StarBuilder construction accounting software, including setting up the general ledger and job costing system.
- Implemented SOX processes and procedures, and ensured divisional compliance.
- Instituted Work in Progress (WIP) monthly meetings for job progress evaluation and performed all aspects of the percent completion revenue recognition accounting.
- Streamlined internal processes across multiple departments that reduced month-end close time frame by 30%.
- Drove past due accounts from 17.3% to 3.0% of total billed accounts receivables.
- Guided intercompany account change from positive $8.6 million to negative $31.8 million.
- Elevated net billing position from $1.1 million to $20.67 million and reduced average net assets from $14.66 million to $880,000.