Tax Director - Income Tax Operations
Handled all income tax compliance/operation activities including partnerships, joint ventures, and foreign subsidiaries, including tax return preparation, tax accounting, audit support, and budgeting and focusing on software implementation and management of a comprehensive strategy toward tax minimization of fixed assets, one of the company's largest line items.
- Integrated Concert Joint Venture distribution of assets back to AT&T preserving $1.8B outside basis step-up resulting in a tax savings of $600M.
- Implemented processes to capture Bonus Depreciation resulting in tax savings of approximately $330M.
- Coordinated Uniform Capitalization Studies accelerating tax deductions exceeding $1B resulting in income tax savings of approximately $400M.
- Recognized Alternative Minimum Tax NOL carryback resulting in income tax refunds exceeding $600M.
- Rectified issues with the roll forward of the Controller's department fixed asset data allowing reconciliation to the issued financial statements
- Processed multiple Federal returns for certain tax years allowing for quick tax refunds that increased cash flow by $800M.