Tax Auditor Agent 2
While working in the Chicago regional audit office, independently planned, coordinated, and conducted several field audits and refund investigations of business entities with Ohio-based operations, including those of Fortune 500 companies; ensured integrity and compliance with the requirements of applicable Ohio revised and administrative codes as well as related case law; maintained an astute knowledge of the Sales & Use and Commercial Activities taxes.
- Generated tax revenue for the State through detecting errors in tax filings, reducing the number of erroneous refund claims approved for payment, and uncovering taxable transactions in thorough analysis of A/P and trial balance information.
- Leads field audits and facilitates training, supervision and overall direction to junior tax auditors; managed employee training project.
- 75%+ travel throughout the Midwest, works independently and with teams of tax auditors and tax audit managers.
- Expertly reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and other primary source documents; such as billing invoices, construction contracts, tax returns, and general ledger
- Prepares, presents and defends audit findings to key managers, executives and internal departmental managers.