Project Controls Manager
Hire and train all Field Schedulers. Monitor, analyze, and forecast cost elements including changes
facilitating the cost and schedule agenda for weekly team meeting. Update budgets, expenditures, forecasts,
activity data, logic, resource, and progress information; review durations and logic sequence. Provide
technical support related to the use and implementation of Oracle's Primavera P6 and Contract
Management. Maintain responsibility for cash flow predictions during estimating phase totaling
approximately $125 million per year. Manage cost and schedule for projects, prepare budgets and cost
reports for projects, and implement cost control procedures, processes, and systems. Review and approve
Earned Revenue Determination Data, Proposal Financial Summaries, and Project Financial Status Reports.
- Established Scheduling Department and directed Project Controls for multiple large scale projects.
- Collaborated in the development of data needed for negotiations and review of contract drafts for adequate cost and scope definition.
- Implemented processes to establish cost control measures for project management, services, and engineering.
- Worked with project managers and superintendents to identify and resolve all project claims,
- Provided ad hoc reporting for project and/or senior management using a variety of Shaw-specific
- Supervised schedulers/project controls professionals and supported project managers across a
- Trained and coached personnel in a classroom setting and in the field, prepared performance
- Developed process change in the change management system.
- Performed critical path analysis identifying early problems allowing teams to correct shortfalls.
- Completed cost elements and scheduled risk, earned value, and margin analysis.