Chief Financial Officer
Oversee fiscal operations for a professional services staffing company with annual revenues of $18 million and recently acquired Ebony Magazine (revenues of $20M) and Starline/ TDM (revenues of $16M). Managed accounting, treasury, human resources, IT, and administrative functions, including GAAP compliance, financial reporting, governance, internal controls, and contractual matters. Supervise four direct and three indirect reports.
- Implemented accounting policy and process change to achieve GAAP standards, increase working capital, and develop staff to enhance efficiency while reducing department size 37%, capturing operating expense savings of 46%.
- Negotiated and captured total tax savings of $1.3 million from the IRS and $400,000 from 19 state jurisdictions.
- Reduced past due accounts of 90+ days to less than 1% in 90 days by implementing enhanced collections processes.
- Completed the first financial audits and restated financials 2012 through 2015 to meet General Motors' requirements.
- Led due diligence on a $225 million target company, identifying risks, which resulted in the termination of the acquisition.
- Championed the improvement of overall business unit and client base management by defining and establishing comprehensive internal financial operations review package, including P&L and balance sheets.