Corporate Credit Manager
Complete charge and responsibility for corporate credit organization, including credit approvals, credit limit setting / reviews, and negotiating with collection agencies. Responsibilities included all domestic and international credit operations. Worked daily with order entry, sales support, field sales managers, executives, and 25 accounts receivable coordinators.
- Developed "hold" procedures so delinquent customers could not be serviced without management approval resulting in collecting $100,000 of delinquent payments.
- Revised write-off procedures so that accounts receivable recoveries are more properly coded to general ledger accounts.
- Negotiated corporate guaranty program for financing OLTP (Venezuelan Joint Venture) $17 million contract with the government of Venezuela saving $100,000 in expenses.
- Instituted a program of checking all new accounts, regardless of amount, to minimize fraud.
- Designed credit check procedures at the source of new applicants to eliminate customers who do not meet minimum criteria prior to full credit check.