Finance Controller - Finance Director
Performed numerous functions improving performance of financial operations, including managing monthly financial statement and report preparation. Demonstrated expertise controlling and allocating cost center and ledger account expenses. Determined inventory valuation and cost-of-sales, as well as execution of physical inventory process. Prepared, reviewed and approved journal entries, allocations, accruals and financial reports. Performed analysis and prepared schedules for financial package support, tax department, auditors and management. Managed annual budgeting processes, understanding business priorities and factors driving business while supervising budget-model construction, accurately predicting expense and timing of costs.
- Reduced overtime expense $10M by analyzing weekly budget matrix, identifying and resolving budget-to-actual discrepancies.
- Monitored payroll allocation and volume, ensuring accuracy while proactively identifying and implementing payroll process improvements.
- Reduced Selling, General and Administrative (SG&A) expenses 15% by developing Travel and Entertainment policy and procedure, ensuring defined controls.
- Implemented Score Card reporting, providing financial and operational key metrics in consolidated, actionable format, ensuring performance improvement visibility by Executives and Field Managers.
- Executed Inventory Control process, reducing inventory loss 33% annually versus previous year through process standardization, training and performance audit.