Provided leadership to 3000 union members representing Local 786. Led union contract negotiations resulting in some of the largest contracts in the industry. Assisted Business Agents in arbitrating grievances involving members. Served as Chairman of several committees to include: Building Material Health & Welfare, Building Material Pension Fund, Lumber Health & Wellness Fund, Lumber Pension Fund, Severance Fund, Scholarship Fund, Investment Committee, NIRMA, MARGA and Drywall Negotiations. Participated on Taft Hartley Plans Committee and Teamster Volunteer in Politics Joint Council 25. Acted as a Trustee for Lumber Health and Welfare/Pension Fund, Scholarship Fund, and Severance Fund.
- Grew membership in Local 786 from 1600 to 3100 over a 7 year period.
- Achieved a 300% increase in the membership pension fund investment portfolio over 10 years resulting in a net value of $200,000,000.
- Reduced membership grievances by 50% through improved communications and contract negotiations.
- Created and executed a member education scholarship program.
- Elected for (4) 3 year terms of Local 786.
- Honored as Labor Man of the Year 2004.