Senior Budget Analyst
Served as the Senior Budget Analyst for the 3d Cavalry Regiment, an organization of over 4,200 individuals with an average budget of ~$30.25 million dollars.
- Efficiently managed ~$75 million during tenure; achieved a 98-100% obligation rate each fiscal year
- Created a budgetary standard operating procedure for the seven separate entities of the Regiment; improving efficiency by 19% upon implementation
- Met all mission requirements in fiscal year ’15 despite a 19% reduction in budget
- Generated a quarterly/annual spend plan, securing $30.5 million in additional funding for FY ‘16
- Identified millions of dollars in budget shortfalls in advance; worked diligently to acquire additional funding to cover shortfall
- Performed spending analysis, advised leadership in curbing unit spending, prevented the exhaustion of $3.5 million in funding allotment within 120 days of FY14 onset