ASSISTANT TREASURER / DIRECTOR of FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Oversaw treasury, finance, risk management, and financial planning for newly created, centralized $1.2B private equity school affinity and special marketing company. Liaised with private equity / debt holders and managed external financial relationships. Communicated with CEO on financial results, projections, and strategy recommendations. Developed and implemented policies / practices associated with departmental functions such as cash management, risk management, and reporting. Served as key member on M&A Team. Managed pension and 401(k) asset managers. Selected achievements:
- Drove treasury centralization effort to achieve optimal cash management structure, minimization of idle cash, standardized operations, and elimination of transactional inefficiencies; generated $4M in annual savings.
- Introduced working capital programs leading to year-over-year improvements of $36M.
- Evaluated insurance policies and initiated rebidding process to ensure maximum coverage against risk; enhanced coverage levels and saved company $500K in first year and $700K in second year.
- Led Sarbanes-Oxley initiative; established policies and procedures for Treasury, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable functions.
- Co-led team responsible for securing $350M in financing in 30 days to fund shareholder dividend.