Special Events Manager
Lead Event Department operations, including coaching seven event planning professionals and managing a combined budget of $22M. Drive regional integration and marketing communications via digital platforms, social media and traditional channels. Supervise cross-functional event strategy and implementation teams with full accountability for event production, branding, program content, logistics, global policies, vendor engagement and performance metrics.
- Realigned corporate event strategy team objectives by integrating consistent branding across functions, accommodating increased demand for global portfolio of 40+ incentive trips, marketing programs and special events annually and achieved 89% to 94% satisfaction rating for all events.
- Developed and executed integrated event communications and promotional plan for top-producing entrepreneurs through traditional print, social media, blogs, event applications, text messaging and email campaigns with specific focus on mobile optimization to reach diverse target markets.
- Piloted social media initiatives at Amway business conference resulting in 6.7 million impressions and 898 unique visitors exceeding both performance goals by over 500%.
- Mitigated legal risks by directing cross-functional teams in tax, legal, procurement and audit functions to establish robust guidelines for corporate policy, improved financial reporting and budget management.
- Trained and coached associates on event marketing and current best practice methods in event production, ensuring consistency in delivery and bottom line impact.