Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
Played a lead role in the development and implementation of all Health, Safety and Environmental programs for 50 to 150 employees across the territory for this leading engineering, procurement and construction company specializing in plant and pipeline construction predominantly in the natural gas industries.
- Played an integral role in the management and maintenance of compliance with regulatory, permit and license requirements by contributing to the development and implementation of safety and occupational health controls, policies and procedures.
- Conducted ongoing and regular inspection and evaluation to control employees' risk exposure and ensure strict adherence to Safety Programs and Policies, identify safety hazards and unsafe work practices together with reviewing safety documentation.
- Interviewed employees to gain additional insight into safety practices and conducted detailed analysis of injury reports to identify trends.
- Delivered comprehensive training and demonstrations on safety equipment and coordinated training programs including OSHA, Environmental, and DOT "Right-to-Know" programs, closely monitoring and tracking attendance and results to evaluate program effectiveness.
- Enforced federal, state and local legislation through strict and rigorous management and inspection of safe practices within the workplace environment, equipment and verification of employee qualifications and certifications.
- Worked collaboratively with Branch Managers, Safety Officers, District Managers, and Senior Executives to identify and promote best safety practices.
- Effectively communicated and promoted safety initiatives and performance statistics utilizing a variety of channels including email, conference call and intranet.
- Led and contributed to investigation and root cause analysis of incidents to determine and formulate corrective and preventative actions.