Senior Virtualization Engineer
Responsible for the Development Operations (DevOps) infrastructure of the worldwide Engineering department. The development infrastructure employs a variety of leading edge technologies such as VMware vSphere, EMC VNX and VMAX SANs, Amazon Web Services, Dell Data Recovery, Symantec Backup Exec, Red Hat Cloudforms, Windows Servers, and Linux Servers running multiple distributions. (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Managed the project to upgrade to vSphere 6 in 7 datacenters across the world. (US, UK, India, and Australia)
- Designed and managed a Global Backup Project, moving from many different backup solutions to a single solution, Dell NetVault, to manage backups in 7 global locations.
- Implemented VMware Horizon View and VMware VSAN for a VDI solution for remote workers and developers.
- Tasked with innovating while cutting cost, researched and presented technologies such as hyper converged infrastructure, cloud services, hardware consolidation, and platform as a service.
- Administered and upgraded vCenter and ESXi servers from vSphere 4 to vSphere 5.1.
- Managed Red Hat Cloudforms for Cloud orchestration and end user deployment of VMs and services on VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Services.
- Racked and installed ESXi servers and added to vCenter clusters.
- Responsible for building and deploying servers running Windows 2008 R2 and 2012 R2, and Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Red Hat)