Senior Manufacturing Engineer / Product Design Engineer / Tooling Engineer
Responsibilities include design & engineering to support production floor for the manufacturing of composite interiors and structures for Sikorsky Helicopter programs.
- Working closely with Production Coordinator, technicians, tool makers, and CNC programmers to develop and troubleshoot production tools and processes.
- Assisted planners with manufacturing processes and creation of work orders and eventually the release of work instructions.
- Checking 2D / 3D engineering data. Assist quality inspectors to check for fit form and function of tools as needed.
- Authoring and changing department processes and guidelines for tooling procedures.
- Apply GD&T, drafting standards, and Model Based Definition to new and existing designs.
- Providing floor support for fabrication and assembly to meet Quality and on-time delivery of Interior assemblies, airframe structures.
- Create, design and re-design tools and fixtures as needed.
- Designing weld fixtures, templates, jigs and fixtures, assembly fixtures and composite tools.
- Assist co-workers with Catia V5 practices, GD&T application to MBD and drawings, design methods and drawing requirements.