System Test Engineer/ Firmware Test Engineer III
Hardware functional testing for cable communications network products utilizing Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) MIB Browser and various test instruments such as spectrum analyzer, signal generators, Volt Ohm Meter, optical power meter, data packet analyzer, SNMP, and proprietary network health monitoring software.
- Created courses of action, methods of procedure, and test plans which were utilized to handle problems or potential problems. Applied contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Developed and documented solutions to problems contributing to complex company sensory hardware design and functionality. Constructed simulated network configurations in lab environment for hardware, software and firmware trouble replication and resolution.
- Contributed case by case experience knowledge to database for use by internal and external customers. Familiar with bug tracking platform software such as Bugzilla or Mantis.
- Contributor to creation of technical user manuals, installation manuals, quick start guides and product sketches. Interfaced with CATV network AC and DC power systems analyzing historical reliability and overall usage performance in a test lab environment providing feedback to Hardware Engineers and Embedded Developers for tweaking or tolerance variation focus.
- Provided Tier III customer support by working to resolve technical questions, issues, and concerns as a hardware and software monitoring vendor support team to the CATV industry. CMTS setup and configuration Engineer responsibilities. DOCSIS knowledgeable.
- Wired, cabled, and created specific complex test lab configurations to test all functional performance aspects of Cisco, Arris and Motorola optical fiber nodes, Alpha proprietary network health hardware, Alpha and industry back up inverter plant power supplies (lead acid battery banks), and various complex CATV network elements.
- Knowledge of Engineering process flow and supporting component record databases.
- Supported and contributed ideas on prototype hardware designs and respin testing.
- Installed, imaged, configured, and maintained Linux/Unix servers, Windows servers, and IPV4/IPV6 lab topologies. Proficient with Ethereal and Wireshark packet analyzing tools.
- Utilized available time for the completion of necessary job tasks under minimal supervision.