Principal Research Engineer, Catalyst and Research Materials Lab Manager
Establish new Advanced Refining materials synthesis-characterization functions, including: resources (staff and equipment), lab design and construction, procurement stewardship, installations, methods development, training and quality assurance.
- Conceptualized, designed and supervised construction of $3M, 3000 sq-ft formulation, characterization laboratory facility for completion in less than 12 months
- In support of new facility operations, resourced, specified and selected $7M equipment, staff, quality control, ELN and LIMS infrastructure systems and SDS compliance
- Developed and validated more than 30 routine, 10 specialized characterization methods.
- Trained 24 professional and technician staff on equipment operations, including QA and workflow design
- Program leader for specialist team of 8-professionals to explore FCC CO2 sequestration options for potential $20M annual savings
- Chaired catalyst technology program with third-party manufacturer to develop catalyst for increasing diesel production in FCC process by $3M annually per reactor