Senior Software QA Test Engineer
System test engineer focused on (LTE, CDMA, GSM, and UMTS) products' network protocols compliance and carrier (Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Sprint) requirements testing. Managed requirements and defects, created test plans, traced test cases to requirements, and analyzed the QA process.
- Executed manual and automated testing of official build releases of embedded software on Android based smartphones and tablets for Carrier validation to meet strict quality specifications for North American carriers. Also delivered reports to Product Management and customers.
- Expertise in applications testing such as Email, Messaging, HDMI, DLNA, DRM, VOD, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Mobile Hotspot, WAP browser, BOTA/FOTA, and Generic Third Party applications on operators' live network.
- Executed CDMA cellular standards compliance testing, evaluating parametric performance and signaling conformance of Android CDMA/LTE products, using the Spirent C2K/TestDrive and w2bi systems.
- Contributed to achieve 40% defect fix rate through performing Exploratory testing in reduction of the product test execution cycles from 14 weeks to 10 weeks.
- Skilled in using public software tools, such as QXDM, QPST, RTA, QCAT, UTS, the Android SDK, and internal tools to upgrade software and log test execution.
- Familiar with Simulator test systems, such as Spirent C2K/TestDrive, Anite SAS, Agilent 8960, etc.
- Documented software defects using defect tracking system, such as Jira and Bugzilla and reported defects to Project Management.
- Achieved high group productivity through conducting Knowledge Transfer and Training Sessions for new Team members to ensure effective and efficient work on new products.