Project Compounder/material Engineer – R&d, QA, Production Support
Promoted from initial hire as college intern and R&D test engineer to manage and coordinate all material engineering functions for 8 projects and 5 major customer programs with Audi, Alpha-Romeo, Peugeot, Daimler Chrysler, and Fiat with $30M in potential sales. Led material cost saving, process improvement, and new product development projects across global manufacturing locations. Managed team of four college interns and one engineering technician.
- Enabled $4M in first-year sales by spearheading textile, rubber, and adhesives R&D for new high performance belt. Prototyped materials, sourced vendors, initiated production, and debugged process on time and $1.5M under $6M budget.
- Reduced materials costs by $140K on $61M in total sales through vendor consolidation efforts.
- Saved $950K in annual material savings, while eliminating thickness variation during calendaring by acting as mentor/technical advisor for project to replace Neoprene with Polybutadiene based rubber formulation. Worked with material engineer, calendaring operators, and quality technicians to optimize mixing procedure and calendaring specification.
- Delivered $1.1M in labor cost savings, while streamlining work order prioritization and turn time evaluation on 2,500+ annual test requests by selecting, installing, and training staff on new data acquisition system.
- Recruited, interviewed, assigned, and mentored four interns from University of Minnesota, Kansas State, Georgia Tech, and University of Iowa.