As a Member of Senior Management Team - contributes high-level decisions in support of the company's strategic planning, mission, visions, and goals. Directs Project Managers, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality for on-time and on-budget execution of projects and products through clear communication and coordination. Oversees and reviews process equipment design, P&ID and PFD development, instrument and valve specifications, and fabrications of complete process systems compliant with ASME, cGMP, FDA, BPE, 3A, PED/CE, CRN. Formulates annual operating budgets; tracks and controls spending for budgets exceeding $700,000. Lead and support new product design and manufacturing, testing programs, and marketing campaigns and product launches. Lead, develop, and manage 6 direct reports to achieve individual and company goals. Review and modify purchase agreement terms and conditions, joint venture contracts, and non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements.
- Exceeded targeted gross margins and met required lead times annually for capital projects of $500,000 to $4MM.
- Increased pilot plant operating capacity by directing the design and construction of a new facility; managed engineering, $1.5MM budget, schedule, and contractors/subcontractors.
- Contributed to $11MM gross profit by estimating cost, writing capital proposals, and directing efficient engineering design and equipment manufacturing for a 4.3MM kg/year soluble coffee plant.
- Increased engineering staff's operating efficiency by providing structure, operating procedures, engineering tools, guidelines, and handbooks.
- Developed a process to recover amines and glycols from waste streams generated in the oil and gas industry, leading to a $2MM purchase order. (Patent pending)