Engines Research and Development - Research and Development of engines using a self-construction/fabrication, custom built dynamometer, fully automated - auto-load and auto-throttle -, 20 digital and analog active channels and 36 more available for future expansions, capable of doing several different tests/runs, such as Break-in, Sweep Tests, Clone Tests (using race track data), etc. R&D done in both scenarios - bench tests (dynamometer) and track tests, with data validation, generation of a complete database, including local weather conditions for future replication of results.
- Data Analysis - Telemetry analysis, competitors' behavior and statistics, and coaching with the usage of data acquisition systems, professional weather stations, and other tools. Track tests of different car/kart setup, equipment, and components. International experience - UK, Spain, France, Italy, UAE, and USA. Professional Races promoted by the highest authorities in International Motorsports, including FIA races.
- CFD & FEA in Racing Engineering Applications - Cars aerodynamics and balance analysis - front and rear down forces, rake, heights. Determination of springs and dampers systems from computer models. Heat transfer analysis and designs and/or relocation of new or existing heat exchangers - cooling and heating systems. Internal Combustion engines models having as inputs weather conditions, fuel blend, etc., for the purpose of engine re-mapping.
- Solar Powered, High Flow and Pressure Water Pump System - Design, fabrication, assembly, and tests of a new system to pump high volume of water from deep well utilizing solar energy, dc motor, and ac generator, able to power a 5hp water pump in remote areas without the need of Inverters. System is all mechanically controlled, without the uses of electronic controllers. DC motor mapped running from 12 to 72 volts, using an adapted Internal Combustion Engine Dynamometer.
- Fuel Consumption, Emissions Reductions, and Performance Analysis in Engines Using Pre-Combustion Technologies and Alternative Fuels - Study/Research of methods to reduce the fuel consumption, performance, and emissions from Diesel engines and combustion systems using new pre-combustion technologies (Fuel Catalyst, EnergyCel) and alternative fuels (Biodiesel). 2Nd place Award at 2010 FAU Research Day Presentation
- Hybrid Remote Controlled Lawn Mower - In collaboration with computer science and electrical engineering professionals, completed this 2-semester project. Designed and constructed the entire car body, including gearboxes, calculated loads, motor requirements, and mechanical designs.
- Electronic Motorized Rollup Shutter Systems - Participated in this project, designed to deliver remote-control shutter solutions to combat hurricanes, on behalf of the company AAA Shutters. Selected the appropriate motors and assembled all component parts. Designed and chose the equipment, including motors and material mechanisms.