Electrical& Instrumentation Supervisor
Managed electrical & technical crew, supervised ABB DCS & gauging system and entire maintenance department, as needed. Responsible for condition based/predictive maintenance plan and energy, power, and safety project creation, implementation, and management.
- Developed unique daily safety meetings for crew resulting in lowest recordable accident rate in entire company for over 8 years.
- Maintained a 1% down-time record (lowest of all six mills) by constant staff improvement and partnering with all effected departments..
- Led team that planned, purchased, and installed $11 million Pasaban sheeter from Spain. Directly coordinated Spanish and American crews.
- Managed $1.2 million sustaining and $1.4 million capital budget. Responsible for all E&I department and project purchasing decisions and cost improvement proposals and programs. Ran below allocated budget every year while improving department effectiveness.
- Implemented programs to foster and track energy cost savings and improve ability to predict energy costs comprehensively from lighting to substation and high-voltage, etc. as part of Lean focus and community outreach efforts.
- Developed root cause analysis program for entire facility's maintenance.