Electronics Engineer I
[company name] is an OEM supplier of semiconductor failure analysis and thermal measurement equipment. Responsibilities include embedded firmware development, software development, analog and digital circuit design, technical documentation, PCB design, manufacturing support, and application support and measurement services.
- Developed hardware, firmware and application software for a stepper motor controller joystick. The controller utilized a pic32mx microcontroller.
- Performed root cause failure analysis on all returned components and assisted in the repairs of various components
- Developed UI test software, in C#, to test the functionality of embedded systems. The programs would communicate with a micro controller via USB to collect, store, analyze and graph/display data
- Supported firmware, PCB, and design modifications of legacy products.
- Produced technical documentation for various systems. Documents included flow charts, test procedures, firmware upgrades, hardware changes, BOM, and application notes.
- Designed high speed trans-impedance amplifier for Infrared detectors. Achieved a rise time of 3 micro seconds and gain of 10^7.
- Worked on a team to develop a new technique for Infrared thermography on digital devices. This resulted in one published paper presented at 2014 ISTFA and a pending patent.