Associate Dean of Academics
Provide strategic direction and academic leadership to the online division and three campus locations and online campus for Aviation programs. Oversee online and on ground faculty, monitor and evaluate course development and offerings, develop new aviation programs and course schedules. Collaborate with Admissions, Financial Aid, Bursar and Registrar to ensure student success. Assist in marketing, public relations and community involvement by actively participating in key civic organizations in South Florida. Utilize reporting tools and spreadsheets to track and monitor student academic needs, thereby streamlining the scheduling process.
- Strive to maintain a low attrition rate by monitoring student success, attendance, academic interrupts, leave of absences and providing timely feedback to students for satisfactory academic progress through academic advising and counseling.
- Member of the Program Assessment Committee, Curriculum Committee and the Crisis Response Team for the University.
- Monitor faculty, facilitate faculty involvement through faculty meetings and department meetings, assign courses, hire and credential new and existing faculty, prepare Faculty Teaching Enhancement Plans and Annual Faculty Development Plan and Progress Reports.
- Review and update the Institutional Effectiveness and Master Plan for the Aviation Department.
- Developed articulation agreements with Aviators College of Aeronautics and Technology in Ft. Pierce, FL as well as Mountain State University to assist students in continuing their education (MSU lost accreditation).