City Bus Driver
Transported a diverse group of passengers over regular, specified routes to local destination points through traffic according to time schedules while complying with local, state and state transit regulations, and ensuring the safety of all passengers.
- Operated a NABI diesel transit bus.
- Announced each destination points and delays.
- Stopped frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
- Collected fares and assisted disabled passengers.
- Explained bus schedules, routes, and transfer points, when asked.
- Reported accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
- Inspected and checked the bus before and after use for dents, cracks, trash, and to ensure the bus was in safe and proper working condition, including and not limited to the tires, lights, mirror, oil, etc. and performed other basic maintenance.