Sr. Unix Engineer & Infrastructure Team Lead
Selected as Senior UNIX admin for the ACS Takeover of EDS Operations at TennCare. 50 Unix servers + multiple HW Domains, 60 Windows servers including vSphere Hosted machines. Later promoted to team lead for VIP project managing seven individuals. Linux, Solaris and Windows Environment
- Improved administration tasks and automated common routines using shell scripts, perl and python.
- Improved security standards and auditing to government required levels. (BSM, SELinux)
- Deciphered and documented subsystems with no prior documentation.
- Evaluated and recommended products to fill needs currently unmet by current software solutions.
- Install and administer VMWare ESX Server hosting Linux and Windows VMs with a Hitachi 9990V Backend.
- Implement VxFS to streamline file systems with standard conventions.
- Coordinate staff, Interview individuals to join organization.